Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Klancy and His Mom!

This beautiful boy is Klancy. He is wearing a Calvin Collar I sent him as a gift after I received a beautiful keepsake from his Mommy.

Klancy's Mom is an artist, and has an Etsy shop called JDI Couture. Klancy and his siblings are friends on Catster. One day I got this message from Klancy's Mom:

I have always wanted to paint Calvin as I thought he was the most beautiful cat. Sadly I waited too long to do it during his lifetime. I know he brought you so much joy and will be with you always. May I send this to you as a gift?


Can you even begin to imagine how I felt when I saw this? Not only did I receive this beautiful portrait, but I also received another gorgeous painting from an on-line Dogster/Etsy artist friend. I'll be sharing it with you tomorrow.
Ted and I were so touched by the thoughtfulness of people we've never met in person. Thank you, Judie, for capturing my precious Calvin!



3 comments:

Raymond and Busby said...

We love the portrait of our pal, Calvin.

What a thoughtful gift.

Purrs, Raymond and Busby

Unknown said...

Oh this is wonderful! You can just see Calvin's loving personality in every detail. this is so beautiful, it has captured his gorgeous eyes perfectly, and his little smile.
sending many hugs!
Nancy and the fatties

Skeezix the Cat said...

Hey, Miss Laura,

My Food Lady wood like to do a tribyoot book for Calving like the one she did for Scootie. Is that sumthing yoo'd be intristed in?

XXXOOO,
Knead On,
Skeezix the Cat